Welcome to the blog space of Jay and Veronica!
Enjoy your stay, as you enter the brain waves of our lives. Its a wild ride so hang on tight!! :) Come back often and keep in touch!

Muchos Love!

Saturday, March 15

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh........ :) :) :) :)



YAAAAAAA!  It's like Christmas for Jay today!  I bought my kayak today!!


I found this kayak from an older lady who had been paddling it only a few times on a lake in Waterloo. The condition is virtually mint.   I got it for an exceptionally great price (less than half of list) and most kayaks are still worth about 3/4 their new price after even a few years of use.  The material it's made out of is very unique too.  It has the glossy shine, strength and lightness (weight) of a fiberglass kayak (and two tone color) but the durability and very low price-point of a plastic kayak!

I was worried I might not fit in it because the kayak is geared to small paddlers and women but I found out by small they didn't mean legroom, they meant build, and scrawny ol' me fits the kayak perfectly!   It couldn't be better! Out of all the hull designs, types of boats in every which way I couldn't have found a better deal and a better kayak to suit me.

It's perfect for day-tripping, waves up to several feet (so I'm told) and also great for excercising purposes which is what my main purpose will be!

YIPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)




Wishing I was leaning into a tight turn on water, not my living room floor! (this is how you spin on a dime in a kayak!)




My car is a little dirty but that's winter for ya!




Look at those lines on the stern deck. Very one of a kind and unique!!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the purchase of your new craft, the start of your fleet. What is it made of?
High time for all that white stuff to melt, no? Look at it this way, the white stuff is your future wet stuff. :)

mike

Monday, March 17, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Jay, congrats!

Bri

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good kid! Enjoy it!

Eric

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home